Good day to you where ever you are in the world. For days I have been pondering what should I write and who should it be for? Then... I went into my closet and prayed! Not only did I pray but I cried and I purged. This post is for whoever needs this. We all have a calling on our lives but sometimes we get distracted and lose sight of what we are suppose to be doing with our lives. Is there something or someone stopping you from living your best life OR some THING stopping you from walking into your destiny?
What can we do to reach our greatest potential?
Plant...Push and Pray!
1. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” —Tim Ferriss
2. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Great work is done by people who are not afraid to be great.” —Fernando Flores
4. “The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potentialand stretch yourself to the limit.” —Jim Rohn
5. “It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.” —Zig Ziglar
6. “Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” —Steven Pressfield
7. “We’ll never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.” —Travis Rice
8. “Find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” —Deepak Chopra
9. “There is no paycheck that can equal the feeling of contentment that comes from being the person you are meant to be.” —Oprah Winfrey
10. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” —Richard Bach
You get to a point in your life where you know what gear you are STUCK in. Are you sitting in PARK at a stand still? Are you driving in reverse running in collisions? Are in in Neutral allowing GOD to push or pull you or are you in DRIVE? Which ever gear you are in...know that your purpose in life is to reach your destination of your destiny! That place is called Success! Are you ready to get there?
1. NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO UNDERSTAND
It is God's calling upon your life. Not everyone is going to understand why you're doing what you're doing. They also won't understand when you make decisions that they might not agree with.
Just relax, and remember that this is OK! Not everyone will understand. It's not your job to get everyone to agree with what you're doing. It is your job to follow what it is that God has called you to do.
2. IT IS YOUR PERSONAL CONVICTION AND CALLING
Be confident that you have been called out for a specific ministry. God has put the desire in your heart and has given you that conviction. Know that it is specific to you and only you'll know when it's time to take the step - this might even mean taking a LEAP rather than a step... a big massive step!
3. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LET GO
Let go of the things that distract you and take you away from what it is that you have been called to do. This might mean having to say no to good things (opportunities and open doors)... to make room for greater things (God-sized, massive opportunities and bigger doors!)
Getting rid of things that weigh you down instead of inspiring you towards your calling. Perhaps you're in a position where you're not using your gifts and talents to their full potential? You're not being stretched and challenged anymore? Then it's time to move on! This opens doors to places where you can sharpen your gifts and talents and GROW as you walk in our calling.
4. GOD REJOICES WHEN YOU USE YOUR GIFTS
Just like our muscles... if we want to strengthen our physical muscles, we need to work out, right? Same thing with our gifts and talents, our skills and abilities!
Allow yourself to be in a place where you are stretched and challenged to grow. This is the place where you'll learn about your capacity and what God can really do through you!
Stretch your tent! Get out of your comfort zone and start exploring! Meet new people and expose yourself to new processes, new ways of thinking, new crowds and new possibilities!
5. YOUR CONFIDENCE COMES FROM HIM
Stepping into your calling takes a lot of guts! It takes courage and full trust in Him. Yes, there will be times we have doubts, fears and insecurities, but always rest assured that our confidence is founded in Him.
WHY? Because God has instilled the calling within us. He has given us a glimpse of what's to come. He has shown us a vision of what He has for our life. It came from Him. I believe He supplies all that we need for the good work that He has called us to do. As someone once told me "He gives you provision for the vision"
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." [Philippians 1:6]